Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well i been sitting waitin; wishin you believed in superstition then maybe..

Congrats on making it to 2010 now make it better!

Been movie watching the past few days and It would be best for me to watch movies everyday.(at least one per day),period. (I just need to know the craft.)
iTs best especially when you watch freaking Raging Bull for the first time!

DeNiro's performance made me want to act even more;though honestly at first I wanted to change fields because Robert De Niro put together such a beautiful person, portraying Jake LaMotta! The way he initially approached Vickie, is the image and attitude I will have now every time I approach a lady of interest,lol. As you watch the movie pay attention to the performance of Joe Pesci (GREAT SUPPORTING ROLE) who I never knew could act because the first movie I ever saw him in was Home Alone; Pesci is great! Scorsese,Schrader ...bea-utiful! The fact that the movie was in black and white only intensified the performances and cinematography. ALL AROUND GREAT MOVIE,GREAT TEAM...what a dream.



Then, this morning I watched Leaving Las Vegas ; different to say the least, I like the view it portrayed.I saw it as telling the story of actual dirt going on in Vegas with regular people (a drunk and a "trick") she needs his company(comfort) and consistency, he needs a place to stay(comfort and stability). Good movie I'd watch it again.

Listening to : Sardonic Smirk Mixtape(yesterday); and James Brown"In The Jungle Groove"(Monday) over the weekend(he really says random things in his music and its funny to me; and this particular album has Bootsy as well as Sweet Charles,Fred Thomas on bass and Clyde Stubblefield as well as Jabo, and Melvin Parker on drums)Its Beastly!


Reading : Education and the Significance of Life by Jiddu Krishnamurti
This book fills in the circle of Jiddu for me. I first heard one of his dialogues(october/november 09) and last weekend I saw Farmington Library had this book(very surprised). I picked it for numerous reasons mainly to expand my thinking more and consider my education enrolling in school next year.

1 comment:

sardonicsmirk said...

Hey I saw you were listening to one of my mixtapes, anyway I have a new one. Check it
http://www.datpiff.com/Sardonic_Smirk_Voices_From_The_Overground.m92182.html