Saturday, November 1, 2008

21 day challenge

So I was talking with my friend Sunnie, and he brought up eating better and becoming more healthy people.
I added that I have recently been considering vegetarianism again(i had done it when i was younger for about 3 months and vegan for about 2).
We both pointed out that Andre 3000, Murphy Lee,Common, and Dead Prez are all Vegetarians and that they are also cats that look to be in pretty darn good health and shape.

For me it has nothing to do with losing weight (have yo seen my handsome slim body o_O)
Its more of eating healthy and eating less meats that are being changed so rapidly like beef, and pork, and some chicken(as much as i don't like to think about it..oh my dear chicken :( )

But I do believe that our beef (that is mass produced in the fast food world) So i already planned on cutting down that consumption i do not believe that all the USDA approves should be as much as meats are recalled .
I cant say that I'll drop FISH or chicken totally but beef and pork. I stopped eating pork a while ago, so thats no prob.

Its a matter of eating more fruits, and vegetables really for me and exercise. Many people feel than because im slender (lol Darene) that i am healthy... and the same for other slim...slender folks..Untrue we still need to exercise and be active daily!

But back to the title i have made an agreement to go 21 days with no candy, beef, or pork, along with Sunnie Moon!

I want this to lead to a more healthier way of living. if i do go vegetarian eventually. Know that i will still eat good there are many great foods without meat but most are outside of the American Food taste or are made of soy (don't knock it till you taste it)!

So today is Day 2! 19 left to go monday is the official 3 day hump. I'll be ok! I think I'll continue living like this even after Nov. 22nd believe it or not. But as my mother says ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS"


.:peace.

No comments: